Next week we'll mark our 50th year as the voice of Australia's biggest industry and largest employer. Help us celebrate by posting your pictures and sharing your stories of why you work in property.
Fifty years ago, a group of visionary property leaders established the Building Owners and Managers Association, or BOMA. That organisation, which was to become the Property Council of Australia, speaks with our industry’s voice.
Over five decades we've grown with the industry we represent. With 1.4 million employees today, our industry boasts diverse people, occupations and businesses – and we want to celebrate that diversity.
Our social media activity on 2 September is one of the ways we are marking this milestone by highlighting our industry's powerful economic and social contribution to Australia as championed by the people who work in it.
It's also a great opportunity to showcase our diversity, the range of interesting and rewarding career paths and occupations across the breadth of our industry, as well as our commitment to quality, innovation and sustainability.
So, get involved!
- Choose your preferred social media platform to post your pictures of people or teams creating great cities and communities.
- Include a short narrative about what you are doing and why you are inspired to work in our industry.
- Don't forget to use the hashtag #iworkinproperty and tag the Property Council so we can follow and share your posts too.
You’ll find our social media presence:
- Instagram: @propertycouncil
- LinkedIn: Property Council of Australia
- Twitter: @propertycouncil
- Facebook: Property Council
Whether it’s on site in a hard hat or in a meeting with colleagues or customers, we want to share your day at work with Australia’s largest industry and beyond.